LHCC Mission Team has partnered with World Relief to fulfill our Mission Vision:
“To deploy people/resources to meet the least reached people in our community and the world.”
World Relief, the only Christian Refugee Resettlement Program in the area, resettles approximately 3000 refugees per year in the Sacramento region from countries such as Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Cuba, the former Soviet Union, etc.
THERE ARE MANY WAYS YOU CAN HELP REFUGEES. Here are a few examples:
- Donate kitchen items that are clean and ready to use. (List of items below)
- Help collect / pick up items from donors.
- Welcome the refugees at the airport and take them to their new home.
- Spend an afternoon with a refugee family to teach them basics on how things are done like - laundry, getting on public transportation, locate food store or drugstore, explaining US currency
- Prepare them a culturally relevant meal.
- If you have a spare bedroom in your home, sometimes the refugees may need temporary housing for a few days until they are settled in their own apartment.
- Set up the apartment. This can even be done as a group project for family, youth ministry, women’s / men’s ministry.
- Take refugees to appointments, especially during the first week of arrival since they do not know how to get around yet.
If you have an interest in helping the refugees contact the Mission Team at LHCC Mission Team
The Mission Team is sponsoring an ongoing effort to collect clean and ready to use kitchen items for refugee families.
Collection is ongoing for these common kitchen items:
- large cooking pots
- sauce pans
- frying pans
- baking dishes 9X13
- baking pans
- cooking utensils (spatula, wooden spoon)
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons and cups
- potato peeler
- serving utensils
- sharp knifes
- can opener
- cutting board
- rolling pin
- mugs and glasses
- dinner and salad plates
- cereal bowls
- waste baskets
- pot holders
- dish towels
- tea kettle
- tea pot
- coffee pot
- other misc. kitchen items
Donations collected every Sunday at The Well.
You may also donate by emailing LHCC Mission Team